3rd Shift Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
SS Industries, a successful and fast-growing company in Collegeville, PA, is the premier manufacturer of the largest selection of straight and spiral stairs in the world. Visit us at SS.Industries to learn more!
We are seeking candidates who want to be part of a TEAM environment, are willing to learn & grow, be a part of a fast paced & rapidly growing company offering a secure future, growth opportunities and on-the-job training & development.
3rd shift 9:30pm - 6:00 am
We offer a company benefit package including medical/dental/vision/STD/LTD/Life Insurance and matching 401(k) plan.
“Hands on” worker assisting with mechanical and electrical maintenance and assisting in performing regularly scheduled maintenance, general repairs of plant utilities and equipment, working under the guidance of a senior maintenance professional. Must be able to work independently and have a strong electrical background.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe and environmentally sound work environment.
- Supports production by ensuring up-time of all plant equipment.
- Preforms repairs on pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical equipment.
- Preform preventive maintenance requirements on all production equipment, following manufacturer's instructions, best industry practices and engineering specifications.
- Fabricates and machines repair parts as needed.
- 3 Phase electrical installation and repairs
- Controls downtime by informing production management of routine preventive maintenance and completing work in a timely fashion.
- Support plant continuous improvement projects.
- Assist in the development of a preventive maintenance and spare parts program.
- Assist with performing regularly scheduled maintenance and general repairs of plant utilities and equipment, working under the guidance of a senior maintenance professional.
- Daily/weekly cleaning of machinery and equipment.
- Basic preventative maintenance support.
- Simple carpentry, electrical, machine repair, welding, and painting tasks.
- Indoor/outdoor building, grounds, and equipment maintenance.
- Utility work, errands, and other duties to be determined.
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Required Education & Experience:
- 3 - 5 or more years of related job experience in a maintenance mechanic role within a manufacturing facility is required.
- 3 years experience in single and three phase electrical work, including trouble shooting equipment, power and motor control circuits.
- Strong pneumatic and mechanical troubleshooting skills and advanced schematic reading skills.
- Welding skills or knowledge desired.
- Technical school is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently.
- HS Degree or GED is a plus.
- Preferred to have own tools.
- Willingness to work as a team member and maintain positive attitude is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of lifting to 50lbs repeatedly.
This position is performed in a manufacturing plant and warehouse type environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. PPE is required.
SSI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. [Employer] is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.