SS Industries, a successful and fast-growing company in Collegeville, PA, is the premier manufacturer of the largest selection of straight and spiral stairs in the world. Since 1947, we have provided over 50,000 homeowners, contractors, and architects across continental North America with premium products and best-in-class services. SS Industries in-house engineering team and friendly, SMA certified sales agents collaborate to bring customers both in-stock and custom product lines through the most consultative sales experience in the industry. Visit us at SS.Industries to learn more!
We are seeking candidates who want to be part of a TEAM environment, are willing to learn & grow, be a part of a fast paced & rapidly growing company offering a secure future, growth opportunities and on-the-job training & development.
1st and 3rd shift opportunities available.
- Manufacturing departments include: metal fabrication, welding, powder coating, woodworking, packing and shipping
- Basic understanding of blueprint drawings
- Ability to read tape measure to the 1/16”, dial calipers, and Vernier calipers.
- Carry out production, inspection, packaging and machine operation duties
- Operates multiple machines such as: metal fabrication equipment, hand tools, and power tools
- Selects and programs adjustments in computer program.
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available
- Effectively monitor production equipment
- Assist the shop maintenance technicians as necessary
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Assist in other departments as assigned
- Participate in project teams to help improve the company
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years manufacturing experience
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience setting up and operating manufacturing equipment.
- Basic math skills – fractions, decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Ability to read blueprints and perform a flat layout.
- HS Diploma or GED, technical school a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Detail orientated
- Willingness to work as a team member and positive attitude is a must
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs.