This position works in a cooperative team environment with other Engineers and support staff position providing engineering support for new and existing products. Designs, analyzes and tests systems and associated components to ensure they meet established requirements. Prepares design specifications, mechanical drawings, test specifications and technical reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops new products that meet and/or exceed criteria established by International Code Council standards.
- Performs Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to ensure design intent is met and makes changes where necessary prior to production launch.
- Ensures that design deliverables comply with department/corporate procedures and applicable regulations and standards.
- Creates parts and associated drawings for new products/components and releases them into the system via standardized processes.
- Performs tolerance analysis on new products and verifies compliance of new products with established design criteria.
- Outlines and drafts company procedures related to engineering design best practices.
- Works with Sales and Customer Service to provide product-level consultation.
- Provides engineering support for design-related production issues.
- Collaborates with outside suppliers to communicate design criteria and performance requirements.
- Identifies and develop new outside suppliers as needed.
- Actively participates in cost reduction projects via component redesign and/or process improvements.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be necessary to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) from an accredited four-year college or university. At least three (3) years related experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D modeling software necessary – Solidworks and AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with connection design, weld design and design of structural members highly preferred.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems beneficial.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including but not limited to sheet-metal processing, machining and welding beneficial.
- Ability to work successfully with associates at all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong written and oral communications skills - including presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
Ability to communicate and provide constructive feedback in a positive nature at all levels of the organization regarding performance and objectives. Ability to take direction from Senior Management and display a positive “can-do” attitude, strong work ethic and utilizing strong problem-solving skills.