Production Manager will oversee all Production departments in the achievement of daily safety, production, quality, cost, and delivery requirements in support of the business operating plan. The Production Manager will develop, maintain, and mentor adequate staffing. This leader should be able to positively manage a skilled and semi-skilled workforce by focusing on safety, capacity planning, talent development, succession planning, and most importantly they must support and foster a culture that embraces change and focuses on continuous operational improvements that further enhance the customer experience with SSI’s products and services. Manufacturing Departments include: metal fabrication, welding, powder coating, woodworking, packing and shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ensure all applicable regulatory standards are met with regards to loss prevention, accident investigation, and OSHA compliance.
- Works with team members to actively improve safety of the plant.
- Ensure safety action items are completed accurately and timely.
- Work closely with Quality Manager.
- Ensure team members are following quality procedures.
- Ensure manufactured products meets specification and are of highest quality.
- Work with Manufacturing Manager, Quality Manager and Production Supervisors/Team Members in the development of SOPs, identification of root causes, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Communicate, coordinate, and provide training on new processes and procedures.
- Work closely with Master Scheduler and Materials/Purchasing Manager.
- Ensure each department achieves daily targets.
- Review work orders and production schedules to determine operational priorities and appropriate information required to complete orders within the lead times.
- Ensure consistent communications to foster a spirit of teamwork, responsibility, and cooperation throughout the company.
- Look for ways to improve efficiencies and increase capacity to reach increasing customer demands.
- Work with maintenance to correct equipment issues, PMs are being completed, and improve uptime of equipment.
- Ensure team members are completing TPMs.
- Manage labor costs and standards for production within assigned departments.
- Ensure team members are minimizing waste for all direct materials.
- Manage indirect material spend consumed by the team during production.
- Manage budget for continuous improvement projects and materials.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Ensure planning and execution of CI initiatives through the plant.
- 5S events, Kaizen events, and process mapping.
- Manage and coordinate team members’ schedules to be involved in CI projects and project teams.
- Ensure team members are sustaining 5S and plant improvements.
- Work with team to develop new ideas to improve the operation.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with concentration in one or more of the following disciplines and/or equivalent work experience:
- Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial)
- Management (Supply Chain, Operations)
- Six Sigma or Lean Certifications
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in production management
- Minimum 5+ years Lean manufacturing experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills - including presentation skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Outstanding change management skills with the ability to implement change
- Proficient computer skills – particularly Microsoft Office applications
- ERP/MRP Systems experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
SSI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. [Employer] is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.