Sales Draftsman (CAD)
The Sales Engineer/Drafter is the primary technical resource for our Sales Team. They are responsible for working collaboratively with our Sales Team as a technical adviser and product advocate. The Sales Engineer/Drafter must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all commercial and residential designs using CAD drawings and other programs to convey the intended solution to the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to understand the customer’s requirements and create solutions that meet the customer expectations.
- Interact on a daily basis with the Engineering Department to ensure structural integrity of proposed solutions.
- Generate and/or modify necessary documentation to Sales Team members in a fast paced sales environment.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all SS Industries product lines.
- Apply product knowledge to provide appropriate recommendations to Sales Department associates.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Two (2) or four (4) year technical degree recommended.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience using 2D and 3D modeling software – SOLIDWORKS / AutoCAD / Rhino.
- Three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes related but not limited to sheet metal, machining, casting and welding beneficial.
- Ability to work successfully with associates at all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication.