Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States$80,000Manufacturing
WHO WE ARE
SS Industries, a successful and fast-growing company in Collegeville, PA, is a premier manufacturer of a large selection of straight and spiral stairs and sliding artistic doors. Each year, across North America, we help thousands of homeowners, contractors and architects turn their vision into reality with our custom home-building products. Visit us at SS.Industries to learn more!
We are seeking candidates who want to be part of a TEAM environment, are willing to learn & grow, be a part of a fast paced & rapidly growing company offering a secure future, growth opportunities and on-the-job training & development.
SS Industries offers a variety of benefits such as 401k, Health and Welfare benefits, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement of a wide variety of commodities, materials, equipment and services through daily tactical procurement activities. The Senior Buyer identifies varied sources of commodities and services, evaluates bids, awards contracts, and purchase orders, maintains contact with vendors, and maintains descriptions and pricing of products. The Senior Buyer Critical success in this position requires maintaining appropriate acquisition costs and inventory levels to support the production of finished goods per company guidelines and expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for purchasing direct and indirect materials to support manufacturing goals. Communicate throughout the organization to ensure sufficient inventory levels are available for scheduled production.
- Monitor inventory to assure on-time delivery, determine safety stock levels, and minimize inventory-carrying costs.
- Manage both domestic and foreign suppliers by ensuring that the product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications. Provide feedback to ensure suppliers are aware of their performance.
- Collaborate with the receiving and inventory team members and ensure the accuracy of inventory receipts, stocking locations, and monthly inventory.
- Develop and execute sourcing, procurement, and vendor management activities in areas such as cost savings initiatives, new product development, and business services.
- Collaborate with the Materials Manager to evaluate and select suppliers based on their ability to meet the company’s needs. Develop alternate sources of commodities as required.
- Manage projects for non-standard jobs with outside suppliers, coordinate between sales, engineering, manufacturing and outside vendors.
- Expedites the ordering and delivery process using MRP & Erp systems and processes
- Assures invoice payment by monitoring the process from initiation of a purchase order through the receipt of goods or services and billing from the vendor or supplier.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Two or four-year degree preferred.
- 5+ years of successful procurement experience in a manufacturing organization
- Certification such as CPSM is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive cost-effective procurement through supplier collaboration.
- Practical knowledge of purchasing, inventory management, and supply chain strategies
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Knowledge of operations, scheduling and purchasing procedures, MRP systems and their processes, and supply chain best practices. Experience with Acumatica ERP is a plus)
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office and production floor work environment. The candidate should be able to perform the job tasks with or without reasonable accommodations.
SSI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. [Employer] is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.